THE ANSWERS YOU ARE LOOKING FOR.
Want more details? Call us.
(On the server hosting NeoGroupe applications)(Replace Neowinners by NeoScreener or NBS if applying to another product)
- Disconnect the users by means of the “Connections” tab in the HF CC. Select which users to disconnect, and eventually send message prior to disconnection.
- Backup database
- Go to HF Control Center. Double click on DB name
- Backups tab/ new backup icon / make a new hot backup of one db with save indexes in “Backups”, no procedures, next and done.
- Click on the update icon until it is completed, if you want to see progress.
- Copy old neowinners folder elsewhere (for example to D:\tmp\NeoWinners before upgrade to ver x.x
- Run install package Install_NeoWinners_X.exe
- Custom setup
- Destination directory must be as in D:\NeoWinners, where you installed the previous version
- ABSOLUTELY SELECT ADVANCED OPTIONS
- Unckeck hot backup without disconnecting users
- Check interactive database modification
- Uncheck save data
- Hit Ok
- Hit next
- Do not save replaced executables, hit next, hit install.
- Overwrite all conflicts with files, if any.
- “MODIFICATION AUTOMATIQUE DES DONNEES” – PAY ATTENTION
- Uncheck all files that start with « file://\\ »
- Then find files on an HFCS C/S Server
- Server = Localhost
- Port = 4900
- Database = NeowinnersXXXX
- User = admin
- Password = xxxxxxx
- Check that the files that were retrieved in the list of files to modify is accurate then
- Hit connect/OK
- If being asked (because users re-connected in the mean time), disconnect users at this time.
- Database modification is being performed.
- At the final screen UN CHECK all options (do not put a shortcut on desktop / start menus and startup program)
END of tutorial. Your database revision and new version installation is done.
Launch executable to test if process went ok.
If you need to install the products on a new workstation or reinstall an existing workstation (because it has been reformatted, or because the hardware has been changed), the procedure is quite simple: only a couple of files need to be copied from the server. It is the same procedure for all our products: NeoWinners is taken here as an example, but you can replace this by NeoScreener or NBS.
Reminder: the server is the main part of our systems.
- Navigate to \\neoserver\ProductShare\Configurations for example \\neoserver\NeoWinners\Configurations
- If you cannot see the share, you can connect with one of the Windows User accounts defined either on the local server or on the domain.
- Once you are connected, you will see several sub-directories, named after each workstation that has ever accessed the product (For example SRG_STUDIO1)
- In \\neoserver\NeoWinners\Configurations\SRG_STUDIO1, locate the NeoWinnersClientServer.ini file and copy it to c:\Windows of your new workstation.
- Also locate any NeoWinners*.lnk shortcuts that will be there and copy them to the public desktop of your new workstation (%PUBLIC%\Desktop is the quick way to get there).
- Done. It should work if you have a network license dongle.
If you have local USB dongles per workstation:
- Navigate to \\neoserver\ProductShare for example \\neoserver\NeoWinners
- Locate Sentinel_Protection_Installer_7.x.x (take the latest) and install (Custom, leave only USB AND PARALLEL drivers)
- Plug your dongle in the machine.
- Make sure the NeoWinners shortcut does NOT have a /license_server=xxxxx
If you have NeoScreener:
- You will also need to copy NeoScreener.ini from \\neoserver\NeoWinners\Configurations\SRG_STUDIO1 to c:\Windows.
- Right click on the NeoScreener shortcut upon the first launch and select “Run As Administrator” to have DLL’s registered.
Excel used to have a 65536 lines limitation, up until Excel 2007.
Now with .xlsx files, this limit has been pushed to 1 million lines.
In NeoGroupe products, if you have to export a table that is more than 65536 lines, simply give an XLSX extension filename for the export.
So if you hit a right click on a table, select “Export to Excel”, then give a name like “Export-20131212.xlsx” and it will export up until 1 million lines.
Alternatively you can also export to XML, which has no limitations other than a 2Gb filesize.
This feature is useful in many cases and very easy to use.
Just make a right click on the magnifying glass icon which is located on the right of each column’s title and select “filter”. Then select the type of filter, such as “is equal to”, “contains” or “starts with” and input a value.
You can combine filters and the filters set on a table are reset when you leave the window.
Removing a filter is also done with the same right click on the magnifying glass, using the option “Remove filter”.
If you want to filter a list of all names to find names starting with “Rob” AND that they all live in Paris, simply RIGHT-click on the magnifying glass icon in the column “name” and select “begins with” then enter “rob”. This gives a list of all Rob* found in the database. To combine with another filter click on the magnifying glass icon of the “cities” column and select “is equal to” and enter “paris”.
Such filtering functions are powerful and flexible, but may require a little bit of time to complete if performed on large databases.