TUTORIAL: HOW TO UPGRADE TO A NEW VERSION INCLUDING A DATABASE REVISION
(On the server hosting NeoGroupe applications)(Replace Neowinners by NeoScreener or NBS if applying to another product)
- Disconnect the users by means of the “Connections” tab in the HF CC. Select which users to disconnect, and eventually send message prior to disconnection.
- Backup database
- Go to HF Control Center. Double click on DB name
- Backups tab/ new backup icon / make a new hot backup of one db with save indexes in “Backups”, no procedures, next and done.
- Click on the update icon until it is completed, if you want to see progress.
- Copy old neowinners folder elsewhere (for example to D:\tmp\NeoWinners before upgrade to ver x.x
- Run install package Install_NeoWinners_X.exe
- Custom setup
- Destination directory must be as in D:\NeoWinners, where you installed the previous version
- ABSOLUTELY SELECT ADVANCED OPTIONS
- Unckeck hot backup without disconnecting users
- Check interactive database modification
- Uncheck save data
- Hit Ok
- Hit next
- Do not save replaced executables, hit next, hit install.
- Overwrite all conflicts with files, if any.
- “MODIFICATION AUTOMATIQUE DES DONNEES” – PAY ATTENTION
- Uncheck all files that start with « file://\\ »
- Then find files on an HFCS C/S Server
- Server = Localhost
- Port = 4900
- Database = NeowinnersXXXX
- User = admin
- Password = xxxxxxx
- Check that the files that were retrieved in the list of files to modify is accurate then
- Hit connect/OK
- If being asked (because users re-connected in the mean time), disconnect users at this time.
- Database modification is being performed.
- At the final screen UN CHECK all options (do not put a shortcut on desktop / start menus and startup program)
END of tutorial. Your database revision and new version installation is done.
Launch executable to test if process went ok.